Have you ever heard the expression,"You are what you eat?"
That expression might better be stated," Your body is [made
from] what you eat."
You, your mind, the things you like and are afraid of, on the
other hand, are a product from several sources. One of the largest influences
on your behavior is association- who you hang around with. One reason
for this is that who you spend time with often determines what you hear.
And your brain believes everything it hears. Maybe you've always heard "No,"
"You can't," "You're not smart enough."
As crazy as it sounds, your brain hears and believes those negative messages
and limits your abilities. We've learned to counteract those years of negative
with positive affirmations.
Print this out and say them to yourself. They're all true!
- I am a good person.
- I am intelligent.
- Today, I will put all negativity behind me.
- I am loved.
- Today, I will rejoice in my abilities.
- I have many talents.
- My Higher Power loves me.
- Today, I have confidence.
- I am not a victim.
- I look forward to each new day.
- I no longer feel the need to control others.
- I will be who I am.
- I affirm my worth and goodness.
- I am a loving person.
- I am a strong person.
- I am a friendly person.
- I am a capable person.
- I am not alone.
- I am emotionally calm.
- I respect myself.
- I feel happy.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I am a responsible person.
- I can be playful.
- I can trust all of my thoughts and emotions.
- I trust people.
- I make decisions confidently.
- Today I am a new person.
- I touch those near me with love and gentleness.
- I have a new awareness in my life.
- I acknowledge my needs.
- I allow my Higher Power to enter my life today.
- I trust in the serenity my Higher Power provides.
- I am calm and tranquil.
- I can face my fears and work to overcome them.
- I take full charge of my life today.
- I let serenity flow into my life.
- I feel appreciated today.
- I can give to others with no strings attached.
- I accept my parents and affirm my independence from them.
- I am independent.
- I can meet new opportunities without fear.
- I am alert.
- I will not be intimidated.
- I am joyful.
- I will seek out friends today.
- I am a friendly person.
- I am a good listener.
- I do not dwell on the past.
- I look for new challenges.
- I feel complete today.
- I feel great hope.
- I feel great potential for myself.
- I feel surrounded by love.
- I can make things happen.
- I feel relaxed.
- I am a resourceful person.
- I am non-judgemental.
- I am tactful in my dealings with others.
- I am learning to express my love.
- I feel good about myself.
- I express my feelings.
- I make wise choices.
- I treat myself with kindness and patience.
- I am an important person.
- I am beginning to establish my limits.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I forgive myself and others who have hurt me.
- I am a friend to myself.
- I can enjoy leisure without guilt and anxiety.
- I can express my anger openly, honestly and appropriately.
- Today I view my childhood without shame.
- I open my heart to my inner child.
- I can handle criticism with ease.